Friday, August 25, 2006

Money

When you have money you will /can...

- Satisfy yourself
- Indulge yourself
- Support your family
- Help friends in need
- Buy a luxurious car / dream car
- Shower your girlfriend/boyfriend / spouse with beautiful expensive but yet meaningful gifts
- Pay your own bills
- Have savings
- Invest without worrying whether you will have enough money in case unexpected things happens
- Help the poor
- Do more charity work
- Have a nice cozy but yet exclusively comfortable house
- Make your children happy
- No financial pressure
- Lesser stress (Might not happen, maybe coz you work a bit too hard to get the money in the first place)
- Eat healthier (Healthy food are expensive)
- Your children's lives will be easier to start off (Inheritence)
- Take holidays overseas
- Appreciate money
- Build your own business
- Send your children to better schools
- Enjoy a grand lifestyle
- Make more money
- Don't have to be in debt

Is money THAT important?

I would say so. I would disagree on statements such as "money cannot buy love" because many incidents have proven that statement wrong; a subjective matter. "Money cannot buy your family"...I agree, coz everyone knows that we only have one family regardless of anything else.

People work hard for money but yet they do spend it unwisely at times. I guess when people first grasp the feel of being rich they tend to indulge themselves a lil too much, maybe?

Can you live without your family's love or pressence? Can you live without a companion? Can you live without friends? Can you live without love and care? Can you live only for money?

Can you live WITHOUT money?

Think about it. If your parents passed away(God forbid), your relatives getting older, spouses abandoned you, friends don't care about you, children care less about your existence, you having health issues, work stress, and come home to a beautiful house but an empty home, are you willing to give up all your money and wealth to gain non-material things back?

For me, at this point, at 17, money is important to me because I feel that I need to support myself and not burden my family. As they are already working hard, I cannot bring myself to contribute financially or physically because I don't want to. For 3 years, I've worked for my own allowance to have fun and be merry as a teen. I'm not saying it is a mandatory thing that every teen has to do. It is but a privillage. That is why I will want to earn my own income so that if there are anything that I overused in the house, I can pay up for it without stressing them out. Money in my case, is not for spending on self-indulgence items but merely to give myself a little boost on financial incomes. I feel that I need to have my own money since my parents do not give me an allowance. Neither do I want to become their burden that cannot give anything in return. I have so many things I want to do that they don't approve and therefore I would earn my money and go for it no matter what they say. It's not like I'm doing drugs or anything. I just want to venture into performing arts, as a basic; dancing, figure-skating, sports, etc.

But in another view, I value my family, friends and loved ones more than any amount of money in the world. Let's say if my family needs money urgently and desperately, and a person at the right time offers me a contract to work at a certain field (not prostitution), but I have to be overseas for a duration of 2 years. I would. But, if it requires me to do immoral things, no matter how easy the money is, or how much the money, I will not do it because I value myself, and my honor as a female and as a person.

"Money, is like women; Can live with it, yet you can't live without it."

"Money can be renewed/recycled but your virginity only exists once and only once...." - babychocolattes,06


So, if you could choose for a happy long lasting life with your loved ones over money that bring you so many other things, which would you choose, and why?

No comments: