Thursday, August 03, 2006

Just dropped by, as I was passing by~

Well, I was reading some inspirational bloggies and found some quotes that were meaningful...
like:-

"You know you truly love someone when you want him to be happy. Even if his happiness means that you’re not a part of it."
=> It is painful to know you're not part of it, but who knows, if it was meant to be, he/she will see that love, that was meant to be. The willingness to sacrifice your own happiness, your own selfish-ness, just to make him/her happy.

"True love isn’t shown at the best of times, it’s shown at the worst of times."
=> I think this is very true. If they could stand during the worst of times, they have withstood the test of commitment. During the best of times; it's so wonderful there isn't any challenge in it. But when the worst of time comes; What are you going to do about it? When times are bad, will you just bail out?

Just this morning, I read this blog that had a post on living a purposeful live relating to a HIV-positive patient cum student cum teenager. It was a touching story and very inspiring. It really opens our minds and tell us that we are in no position to complain about petty things. If you want to read it, here's the link http://www.eeleen.com/.

Living life to the fullest doesnt only have to mean that you have to try everything. But make the best out of things and do things that you love first. We obviously can't do so many things at once; but try to make the best out of it. Living life to the fullest is when you cherish the people and things around you. To spice up things, make it "living a purposeful fufilling life". Set goals, and achieve them.

Some people tend to be meticulous about everything from, education to living their own lives. They're so detailed about everything that they don't feel the fun anymore. Not to say that we shouldn't stop by to smell the flowers but no everyone of them. As for me, I can tell you that I'm a meticulous person, and also a perfectionist; that is why I know the feeling.

I guess it's time to spice up my life with something exciting and maybe spontaneous. I know my "perfection" habit will be hard to overcome but, who knows...maybe in college? :)

I had a convo with Joel last night and he said something enlightening but funny.
"Even when you want to give up or move on or lose, do it in style." -Joel

hahahaha!! Well said. Thanks =)

No comments: