Friday, August 04, 2006

High self-esteem

High self-esteem: a case believing too much in oneself. Confidence, poised, likable, optimistic, positive-thinking and all the feel good chemistry are some of the traits of a person with high self-esteem. Parents are advisable in telling their children to build self-esteem; I can't help but wonder if it's okay to have too much self-esteem. Confidence, is a good thing to have in oneself. Good self-esteem helps us to socialize and think positively. Too much confidence = arrogance. People who are like that normally do not notice the difference between being confident or arrogant.

Why? They have to prove themselves all the time to others; so terribly insecure that they have to put others down to push their ways to the top. And guess what, the only cure to high self-esteem is tuning it so low to the extent of zero self-esteem. How so?, one would ask. Because when you reach the exalted state of no self-esteem, you discover that you are nothing, but that also means you have nothing to lose.Best of all, it's not just about self,self, self. Put it this way: low self-esteem= people who think they are "worthless" human being while high self-esteem= people who think they are "worthwhile" human being.The only balance is to have none at all.

It's a complicated thing, this self-esteem issue. I'm a living example of unclassified self-esteem. There are times when I feel pretty damn good about myself- even without a single touch of make-up, I think I'm prettier than those who try too hard to look like a doll. But I was easily intimidated by girls who look like this:Haha.Lol. That is vanity people. And pictures can be oh so deceptive. Sure, anyone feels good to look good but "charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting." We all have strengths and weaknesses.But until we let go of our self-esteem and pride and spend lesser time looking over our benefits and what only concerns us, we will never grasp the full meaning of being one-self.

So much for being vain eh? :)

*edit: eh i forgot to put credits to the blogger who wrote this. I altered it a lil coz I see it another way, but overall; same concept la. HAAHAH!! OMG im so mean. the blogger's weebie is http://www.xanga.com/chronic_klutz. I'm so sorry I didn't post this up earlier. I forgot -.-" The pics might not be the same coz I thought of just changing it hahaa. But don't take it personally, I really forgotten.
PS: thanks Ethan for commenting on the blog. You reminded me lol!

No comments: