Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Great minds in Edisons

Great minds exists in Treasure Hunts!


On the 13th of May, Edison Explorers, creator, Amy Delph organized this fun event for kids and adults. She named it 'Treasure hunting' but it really felt like 'The Amazing Race, TTDI'. I was one of her marshals to give out clues to the teams that were participating, at a certain meeting point. Daniel was my partner in crime. Let me tell you what fun we endured.
.
.
.
.


The big hall at W.I.M where the teams gathered, and reassembled.
.
.
.

The race began at 2.10pm. We, marshals were already at the meeting point. But Daniel and I, the 2 idiots who went to the wrong point. Miraculously, this team found us !

Introducing, Team Impossible!
.
.
.


They are so funny. Asking us to take their pics while they pose willingly for us! haha
.
.
.


Workin` hard on their puzzle.
.
.
.

It was half an hour later that we realized we were at the wrong point! So sorry ppl! :p
.
.
.


You see them swarmin` to get clues! All the hands grabbin`!
.
.
.


Those who were eagerly awaitin` their turn :)
.
.
.

After the first hour, we didn't even have time to take pics. Not enough hands to go around. And I think I was bounded by my guilt as well. Anyway, it has passed. I've learnt from it. So next time I'll do much better =) By the time we knew it, it was already 5pm! Time to head back to the assembly point ;)
.
.
.


Everyone anticipating what was to come! *Ohhhhh, so much tension all around!
To Aunty Sweebin's Team Vegetable Blah, I'm sooooo sorry! Until now, I still feel a bit guilty for ur loss caused by us!
.
.
.


Of course, there was a prize givin` ceremony :) The small boi so kiut la :p
.
.
.

All in all, `twas a great day. Learnin` experience and of course much fun. In this event, I've learnt how to do work more efficiently, not lettin` panic take over, question all the bad 'ifs' that might happen to a more detailed level and most of all to communicate with people you don't know :)


Edison Explorers is a critical and creative thinking class for children aged between 7-12 yrs old. It is located in Taman Tun Doktor Ismail. If you want to know more e-mail your enquiries to amyjdelph[at]gmail[dot]com!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.