Friday, April 20, 2007

Mourns and disraught

I'm sure by now, everyone has heard of the 'shootout frenzy' in Blacksburg, Virginia.

Here the link if you still don't know the present details:
Massacre at Virginia Tech, full story.

I, myself found it stained with disgust and insanity the way he carried out his 'masterplan'. It's scary when you think about it; especially in the US where guns and other weapons can be purchased with such slumber liberty. Thank God, that Malaysia doesn't have such rules. Or do they? =\

When I heard on Starnews Asia, that they do not need to have a license to purchase a gun, I was stunned. One, because I didn't know; secondly, they just needed your background check and some places don't even need to have such precaution.

This korean student, Cho Seung-Hui, was practically a sadistic maniac. But on the other hand, I am bound by my curiosity. How was his life in the past? What prompt him to do so other than the 'could be girlfriend' and his jealousy and rage? I seriously didn't want to judge him at the first glance of his photo and videos but it sends chills to my bones just knowing what he did.

No doubt, it's an interesting story going on. Most of all, my condolences goes to the families of the victims that had no escape in the shootout. It's really sad and upsetting to see so many promising young pupils die for such an unworthy purpose.

It was indeed, a tragedy. I just wonder, what kind of discussion are they (the parliment?) in the US going to have.

No comments: