Sunday, February 18, 2007

Celebrations in Red

Chinese New Year of course!

It is a day where...

1)
We spend time with our family and relatives.
2) We graciously receive 'ang paos' from people and say "Gong Xi fa Cai to you too."
3) We eat like pigs, but of course, with manners and not like a glutton.
4) We get to dress up, in the ongness of red and traditional clothing. But I guess this one is optional.
5) It's scourchingly hot outside, but we still stand in the blazing sun to take a nice family photos with all of us squinting our eyes.
6) We gamble aimlessly with family and friends. Lose money? Nevermind. Family mah, right? Gamble with your own risk please.
7) Get to eat yee sang. Not that I'm a big big fan of it, but what the heck?
.
.
.

After that pointy speech, why is it that I'm not into the CNY mood this year? Same goes to Christmas last year. I don't get it. For one, I'm not sleeping early yet. That can either mean, "I'm too excited till I can't sleep" feeling, or the "CNY? What?" feeling.

This is sucky. One, because I had a great week last week. Why this week backfire like crazy? I hate it when I think that things are going well for me, and suddenly it just gets screwed up.

Oh well, enough of me ranting about why I'm so weird on CNY.

1st day of CNY - Mama, I'm coming to see you! Somehow I feel that my grandma understands me a lot, don't scold me at all, likes to tease me, always wack my butt(don't ask me why), and most of all, pamper me like crazy. I love her to bits although I don't get to see her so often.

2nd day of CNY - Oh, god knows what's gonna happen on this day. So I rather not write about it yet.

So, here I am wishing you guys out there a Happy Happy Chinese New Year, Gong Xi Fa Cai, Selamat Tahun Baru Cina, Gong Hei Fat Choi and ang pao na lai please? :P Have a good day, drive safely, catch up with your family and please don't overeat!

Pictures should come up. If I'm in the mood to take any. Okay! Sorry, sorry, don't want to ruin your happiness reading all this emo crap. Haha.

So not funny -.-

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!

No comments: