Wednesday, July 19, 2006

3...2...1...Fight!

"When there is competition for something, more people would want it- especially when it's a girl."
-Sarah (Year 2006)

I'll tell u a story.

There was this girl named Marissa and a guy named Kyle. They were both in love. (I think by now u should know where the story will lead to; therefore I will not elaborate too much). They were together for quite sometime when Kyle made a silly little mistake. To him it could be a mistake, but seen from the outside, it was just betrayal.

After long discussions, endless sadness, crying a river, they decided to take a break. In other words, break up. He still had feelings for her and he promised that one day he will come back. A promise. Will he keep it? She couldn't trust him.

So happens that when she broke up, many other people started to contact her, chat with her, making a move while knowing her vulnerabilities. She felt that, and backed off a little bit. Her heart was still intact and she could only suffer alone and wait. Love = pain and therefore it was inevitable that she felt it. Day by day passed, more and more people suddenly got "interested" so they say and they made their move. But effortlessly, she shrugged it off with politeness.

Though she was trying to move on, and be a happier person, but she kept on thinking about what could have happened situations. That saddened her deeply and soon she went into major depression. She couldn't get over herself for being so stupid as to hold on for so long and forgive so much of a mistake!

I won't go any further. I think you guys get it rite? Im just trying to say, that when I was at my most vulnerable stage, many people tried to get me and when I rejected they still went on. Why? Because there was competition. This entry is not for self-praise, but just reflecting on myself. When something is fought for, many people want to have it. They all have the same thinking..."I have to win" or "If i don't get it, no one else should!".

To that someone who thinks that I might have wrote this because of you or to shoot you please think again =p It was meant to be a reflection =)

"We always want what we don't have". Is this not correct?

No comments: