Monday, March 19, 2007

It's coming back

"Shhhh..", he said softly.

She started crying. Intense but not hysterical.

"Don't cry darling", he consoled.
"I won't be gone for long", he added.

She paused, trying to catch her breath. She was reduced to sobs. She tried to look normal once again. She really tried.

"You promised me that you'll never leave", she said between sobs.

"But I'm not leaving, baby. I'll always be here with you, for you and together we'll be inseperable", he said.

"But you're leaving. Even for a while, do you know how much it hurts inside? How much I'll miss you, how much I want to call you or how much I'd suffer without your stupid random rants?", she said on the verge of crying once more.

"Shh. Come on dear. You know I love you, and we love each other. You know I'll always be here for you no matter how far I am. If you were ever in danger, I would be the one to rescue you. If you need to talk, I'll always be here; no matter how harsh it may seem", he said with passion.

"But how can you do this to me? How can you think of doing this to me? To us? Don't 'we' matter anymore", she stammered.

*he sighs*

"Baby, believe in me. Do you trust me?", he asked.

"I do", she answered.

"Then stop crying alright babe. Everything will be fine. I promise", he said with a firmness in his voice.

"That's another promise. You better keep 'em or else... or else..."

"Alright baby, say no more", he concluded.

He took her hand in his; wiped away those pure tears and hugged her. She starting sobbing once more, but this time, with a smile.

Time seemed to pass slowly within their embrace.

Then he whispered in her ears "I love you. I will always love you. Don't worry. We'll always be one another's to keep".

She actually felt loved. And happy. And contented. And the euphoria that overwhelmed her. It was as if nothing else could come in between this happiness.

But behind it all, the fates behind the wheel were executing an evil game. A game to destroy this poor girl.

Though, who knows, like he said before: "If you're ever in trouble, I'll be the one there to rescue you".

Will he make the promise happen? Or was it just a word.

*If I really want to continue writting random stories like these, I'll post them up. For now, I'll label this as Chapter I*

Mwuah! Oyasumi :)

No comments: