Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Darkness falls.

Wow.

A bonfire, well, sort of.

During my absence of 2 days (is it even valid to call it an absence, since this is after all the blogging world), I've put myself in a very uncomforting environment: the jungle. My mom paid for my trip without my consent, and I decided not to waste her unconditional loving gesture. Then, I heard about leeches and it's blood sucking sprees during the more damp and cold weather. Oh, how delightful to begin thinking about the whole camping experience.

Enough with the pessimistic side of things. Let's move on.

We reached the campsite, and was asked to help out; setting up the tents. So, we did. First time setting up one, so it was a learning experience. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep in one, because I was too terrified of sleeping alone. This was actually a 'leadership' camp, but somehow... nevermind.

My first impression was that we would have activities planned out for us, but it was the total opposite. We 'planned' our own activities which was some action clapping game. Sure, it doesn't sound challenging here... but it is, believe me. Even one of the most unlikely people got it good. Mistakes, mistakes :p There were cups with our respective names on it, and somehow... through the end of the camp, MINE went missing. Sigh.

On the first night, there was a only-parents-can-hold-the-thongs-and-barbeque thing. As usual, there were chicken wings, ramlee patties, sausages, a-la carte dishes and drinks. Some other interesting events followed such as an impromptu "fairy tale" skit, an anniversary celebration and a music session. But they weren't in my highlight list.

The highlight of the trip was probably, the night I slept at the deck with a few other goofy friends of mine. We talked and honestly, I felt bonded, in some ways. Dota, guys, faints, relatives, were some of the topics discussed. Well here's an added weird thing about myself:

Normal people just dismantle their sleeping bags where they want it, and sleep. I, on the other hand, have to put a piece of clean paper laid out on the floor, before I lay my sleeping bag on it. Why? Don't even ask me that.

So obviously, they ended up scribbling on my piece of paper. Sadly, I didn't get a picture of it. Too bad. Throughout the night, we played with torchlights; making faces, animals, and playing our version of pacman; we talked about ghosts, and then acted like one. I sat in one corner and started to rock like those freaky stuff you see in Ju-on, and scared myself to pee. I went to the bathroom and came back only to witness another scary figure; Elliot the Grudgeness. He rocked and whimpered, calling "mommy... mommy.." OMG. It still gives me the creeps.

The downside? There were many younger uns that were annoying at times. They'll tag along wherever you go, making unecessary ruckus and noise that you don't want to think any babies are cute and cuddly anymore. So, if there's one thing I've learnt intensely during the camp, it would be to tolerate the babies. Well, more like the noise they made.

The jungle trekking experience... let's just say, I didn't enjoy myself thoroughly. I was paranoid the whole time. Though, there were silent whinnings in my head, I still went through with it. So a pat on the back for myself.

Does this get us prepared for Maxwell?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Not even close.

No comments: