Sunday, September 07, 2008

I Emerged; did you?


Like I said, Emerge 2008 was a blast, and though the training of it all was excruciating and tiring, it was all for Him. Somehow, I always found the strength to carry on in rough currents; new friends who stood by to hear my ramblings and complaints. Of course, there were umpteenth times more fun than there were heartaches; to all my POS hunks and babes, I miss you guys loads! When I get my phone back, I will be spamming your inboxes with messages! :D

Sadly, our team came in second! But hey, it's not shabby at all :) Out of it all, we had a blast and that's what counts.

Talentime was, nerve-wrecking. I knew the stage wasn't meant for Latin shoes. After the whole dramatic incident, I'm glad I didn't trip over or fall :) The tip of my heel got stuck once, and I thought "oh shit" but all was good and kind when the worst did not occur.

Most people commented on the excellent dance performance, but I personally felt that it was below average. It had been a busy first day, and by the second day (Talentime day), I was feeling exhausted and fatigue ate me bit by bit. I only had 2 weeks to prepare, and thus the lousy quality. I wished I hadn't win, so to speak; I wanted to redeem myself next year. Nonetheless, Pastor Kong somehow saw the passion in us dancers, and decided to import us all the way to Singapore for the Asia Conference! Ecstatic; that's what I feel. I''m excited and I feel blessed to have attended CHC. It has been the ride of my life. And it's only the beginning of it all.
.
.

Stretch your faith!
.
.
.


Hey Cheryl!
.
.
.


Babes being babes. xo`
.
.
.

SMU foo foo foo!
.
.
.

Our pretty last minute pyramid :)
Can you spot me?
.
.
.


This, ladies and gents, was the most long awaited- nerve-wrecking event for me. Before the event, we(the combo dance team), realized that the props were soaked wet and incomplete. Therefore, we ordered some black paper to hide its flaws. Unfortunately, the delivery was not sufficient. Off we went (Adam&I), sprinting to Popular Book Store, to get more materials. We came back sweaty and tired, but still getting the props done were priority! Alas, in the end, we managed, and it looked like the below:

I was figiting about before going on stage.
So nervous okay! I think I was so restless, Kellz nearly got annoyed with me :( Sorry babes!
.
.
.


This is my solo dance.
Man, it was a challenge to have danced in the suit!
.
.

.

You guys rocked the stage! :)
.
.

.

Marki the taxi driveress didn't stop for me :(
.
.
.


See Aunty Sarah trying to stop the taxi :(
.
.
.

Oooh, looks like fun ;)
.
.
.


Haha, don't know what's with the 'act cute' face.
.
.
.


Take that!
.
.
.


Only managed to take a photo with one fellow dance member- SAM :( The rest all disappeared.
.
.
.


Oh well,
An event to be remembered and anticipated once more next year :D
.
.
.

It was wonderful and fulfilling. Grateful to have been a part of it; loved everything that happened these few months :) I Emerged, did you ?

Emerge 08.

xx

Lazy already :(


Using some capalang pixel camera to snap the after-blogging face. ;)

Singing off (yes, it's singing not signing), with -

You were my strength when I was weak;
You were my voice when I couldn't speak;
You were my eyes when I couldn't see;
You saw the best there was in me,
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach,
You gave me faith 'coz you believed,
I'm everything I am-
Because you loved me.


Goodnight people *wink

No comments: