Friday, July 06, 2007

"He gave us to lip(s) and an abyss in between".


To speak, to laugh, to eat, to breathe, to bite, to suck, to curse, et cetera. He created it so we wouldn't look distorted, weird or disgusting. It's such a physical gift yet it is used to abuse words and create bitterness.

It is most commonly used for breathing. Second comes the talking, followed by the smiling and then the cursing; the laughing; the kissing... and the list just goes on. Our mouth has such an au natural talent, don't you think so?

It saves us from trouble; sweet talk; negotiate (though the brains gets most of the credits); question; ask; explain; pronunciate; teach; etc.

But if it is meant for asking, questioning, explaining, teaching, talking, saying, then why do people get hurt when they hear the words that they didn't want to hear? What happens to learning and teaching if people are so picky towards critisisms, explanations or questions?

Then, it comes down to being considerate. To think of the other person before you speak your mind, full of impromptu speeches that you forget about one's feelings towards that topic. Nonetheless, we have the right to ask, especially when it involves ourselves. Don't tell me, you'd work for a company without knowing it's terms and conditions or go to war without knowing which country or station you're stationed at?

Taking risks asking the questions people are afraid to ask or answer is another form of using your mouth and of course your brain. But to what extend are you 'eligable' to ask. You probably won't think about it that much until you either spat something rude or once again, inconsiderate.

So, if consideration takes so much out of asking a question, then we'd probably end up asking more questions with ourselves. Who have we got (besides God, for you Christians out there) to speak to or ask. Closest are probably parents, who really varies from an individual characteristics.

I say that because, I constantly fight inside of myself, questioning if my actions are right, if I was wrong to ask, am I inconsiderate or rude to have asked; if I am at fault and many more 'w-h-y's. Where does that take me? Not far, really. Keeping questions to myself overtime will make me an unstable person full of emotions that might take over the conscious mind. If I was extremely considerate of other people's feelings, I'd become a nice person on the outside, or I might be known as the timid baby scardycat.

To some people, every word that comes out of someone's mouth may not be a great importance, but they have said that you should read between the lines, in this case, listen between the lines. It may be an indirect calling for S.O.S, a message, an emotion revealed, or a cry of despair.

Maybe I have been asking the wrong questions, that is why I don't get an answer. Maybe, I'm too straight forward that it makes the person intimidated to answer. Maybe I am thinking too much about 'me'. But then again, if what is to be answered is the truth, then why not speak? The truth isn't really a complicated matter. It is in one category and the explanations and 'whys' comes in another. An answer could make 'someone' happy.

"It's almost a year since that incident. And people told me that I'd forget after the 6th month. Proves that I am strong, and I've proved you wrong either way."

No comments: