Monday, November 27, 2006

Writtings of the heart

Are they merely words?

Are they merely ink on paper?

Do they in any way hold a significance in our lives?

------

"The heart of a fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of the wise man is in his heart." - Benjamin Franklin

"They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel." - Carl W. Buechner

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart." - Khalil Gibran

" The truth isn't always beauty, but the hunger for it is." - Nadine Gordimer

"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible, and achieve it, generation after generation." - Pearl S. Buck

"Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality. " - Nikos Kazantzakis

"Words are just words and without heart they have no meaning." - Chinese proverb

"English is the perfect language for preachers because it allows you to talk until you think of what to say." - Garrison Keillor

"I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers." - Kahlil Gibran

"I endeavor to be wise when I cannot be merry, easy when I cannot be glad, content with what cannot be mended and patient when there is no redress." - Elizabeth Montagu

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." - Helen Keller

------
I have often pressured myself to the extend of losing my vision in life, to an emotional breakdown, to being a perfectionist and finally when it all comes down to the real deal and doesn't happen the way I planned it to be, I blame myself.

People have always saw that potential in me. But am I the only one who cannot see it because I have not gotten up from past failures? I've degraded myself from being an intellectual person to a person who only knows how to complain about hardships.

Though I may not suffer the poverty of the poor, lonliness of the orphans, and difficulties of the disable, I have my share of pain. Through the last 4 years of my life, I have experienced the greater love that could be even greater, achievements that I never thought I'd have, the perseverance to do things which are neccessary, expand the values worth living by but also dramatic failures, cries of insecurity, lack of parental guidance(or so I thought), anger that drives to suicide, and most of all, to have dealt with my flaws.

Life went from carefree to a struggle even to have the slightest fun. Or to be more precise, having fun but feeling the guilt inside. Fun wasn't fun anymore, even when I tried to make it happen for my conscience told me that I owe my family somethings. Aunties went from spoiling to lecturing and now, cautious about everything I do. Then I thought... "Well, gotta appreciate everything you have now." I don't want to be judged as an ungrateful child just because I couldn't live by my means at the moment. I have adapted to a certain extend, and I am well proud of myself.

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your mind off your goals."

How do I get back on my feet? I seem to need someone to take my hand and lead me to show myself, who I was then.

"It takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

It's time to continue doing the right thing.

No comments: