Saturday, December 02, 2006

If only you'd know...

You looked so fresh from afar,
Your classroom door, left ajar;
Everytime, I'd pass by you,
Just to have a glance of your new hair-do.
As glancing days passed by,
The closer we got,
The messages went unnoticed,
Only for something new to suffice.
Time was testing our assertiveness,
For only time could show us the way,
What was to come and may,
Will be something good to stay.
I wouldn't have thought that we'd be,
But God has opened up my eyes,
For me to see that,
What was a destiny,
Was just right in front of me.
While everything now seemed bland,
I know that I'm more than a best friend,
Love doesn't have to be grand,
Love doesn't need to be planned:
Trying to reach out to you,
In hope of the happiness that was always there,
Only thing lacking, was the nurturing and care,
Because of you, my heart seems broken,
But it's only the love inside, left unspoken;
If only you'd know...

*Having to have not brought my Malay literature book, I went into your class. Amongst everyone else, without a single thought, I headed straight to your desk, blushing intensely; asking you whether I could borrow your book. As quickly as I came in, I sprinted out*

No comments: